STAYING FIT DESPITE THE CORONAVIRUS QUARANTINE:
Gyms across the country are closed due to the coronavirus, sports club meetings are suspended until further notice. The coronavirus ensures that everyone is able to spend the next few weeks at home in their own four walls. But it is important at this time to keep your body fit. Because exercise in the form of sporting activities and fitness exercises is good for the immune system and the body. I have therefore summarized some tips for staying fit despite the coronavirus quarantine.
A successful home workout guide:
EXERCISE WITH YOUR OWN BODY WEIGHT
There are many fitness exercises that work solely with the body’s own weight. Because even without weights you can build muscles, burn calories properly and, most importantly in these times, keep your body fit.
A gymnastics mat is almost indispensable here because it serves as a padded, non-slip surface for every exercise. It protects your spine and joints with every workout and ensures that you do not suffer any additional pain from pressure points.
For example, there are various fitness apps shows you many different workouts at home, where you only work with your own body weight and do not need any additional accessories. You can watch each exercise as a video in the app and select training units based on your individual wishes.
USE EVERYDAY OBJECTS AT HOME TO SUPPORT YOUR TRAINING
On YouTube, you will find numerous videos on how you can convert simple everyday objects into exercise equipment. Here is a small excerpt:
- Stairs can be used as a cardio unit.
- A chair can serve as a support for abdominal exercises.
- Water bottles can be used as a replacement for barbells.
SHIFT UP A GEAR WITH THESE SIMPLE TRAINING DEVICES
Fitness equipment does not always have to be expensive: Even small fitness gadgets such as stretch bands or a pull-up bar, which you can easily attach in a door frame, help you shift your training up a gear rather than just training with your own body weight. Here I have summarized some useful fitness equipment that you can also use for your home workout.
- Effective loading of various muscles on the back, arms, chest, shoulders, stomach, legs, buttocks.
- It helps to increase the intensity of fitness exercises such as squats and push-ups.
- Available in various strengths from light to extra strong.
- 2. 08 meters long in circumference.
- Perfect for building abdominal, shoulder, arm and back muscles.
- Four wheels ensure high stability and prevent lateral tipping during exercises.
- Padded knee mat for a workout on the floor.
- Upper body and arm trainer.
- Easy installation due to side locking in the door frame.
- Maximum load 100kg.
- Transparent side rubbers prevent marks on the door frame.
- For arm, shoulder and chest muscle training.
- Non-slip, floor-protecting and easy to grip thanks to the neoprene surface.
- Star shape prevents rolling away.
- Weights in the economy set: 2 x 0.5 kg, 2 x 1 kg, 2 x 1.5 kg, 2 x 2 kg.
- For exercises to strengthen the upper body, especially the arm muscles.
- The set of 2 dumbbells, can be individually loaded with weights up to 10 kg.
- 2 barbell bars, each 35 cm long.
- 4 x 1.25 kg, 4 x 2.5 kg weight plates.
- Expandable to a barbell with a barbell bar with a 30mm norm*.
PRO FITNESS EQUIPMENT FOR TAKING YOUR WORKOUT TO NEXT LEVEL
If you have enough space at home and are ready to dig deeper into your pocket for your fitness, professional sports equipment is just right for you at home. Here are 5 professional devices that will take your home training to a whole new level.
- Cardio training at home.
- To strengthen endurance and the cardiovascular system as well as the muscles.
- Fitness computer with calorie and heart rate monitors.
- Maximum weight of the user up to approx. 100 kg.
- For back training, upper body training, abdominal muscle training.
- When used as a weight bench for building up the arm muscles.
- Adjustable backrest and seat cushion, flexible footrests.
- Loadable up to 195 kg.
- For jumping fitness exercises to strengthen the entire body muscles.
- For condition, balance and coordination training.
- Height-adjustable and removable handle.
- User weight up to 130kg.
- For running and endurance training in the living room.
- Acceleration up to 10 km/h.
- LCD display with training data such as heart rate, calorie consumption and distance traveled.
- Bluetooth interface for control via fitness APP.
- Own fitness system in the house.
- All-round training of endurance, biceps, back, legs, stomach, shoulder and buttocks.
- 45 different training options.
WHAT IS YOUR GOAL IN-HOME TRAINING?
You will likely have plenty of time to do your home workouts during the coronavirus restrictions. It does not matter whether you have to continue your tightly organized training plan for meticulous muscle building or just strive for occasional exercise and physical activity in order not to rust completely – both are also possible in-home coronavirus quarantine. Unless you are in poor health, of course.
HOME WORKOUT: WHAT SHOULD YOU CONSIDER?
Whether simple floor exercise on the training mat or sophisticated strength training at the fitness station, everything is also possible in the home workout – even running training! This will also strengthen your immune system and your health and prevent viral infection and exhausting disease.
Just note that sports activities in the house or apartment require a minimum of space, be it for exercises on the floor or for putting up fitness equipment. For this purpose, it is advisable to measure the training rooms beforehand and to remove disturbing pieces of furniture or decorative objects. Even home workouts without devices often take up more space than initially thought due to the arms and legs being stretched out.
YOU NEED ENOUGH SPACE FOR TRAINING
If you also plan storage space for fitness and training equipment, you should store it in a suitable place after your daily exercise sessions. Larger devices such as a treadmill or weight bench can be bulky. Dumbbells lying around can quickly become a trip hazard, so when not in use they should be stored where no one can bump into them with their feet.
But nonetheless, before the blanket falls completely on your head, physical activity helps you to really exert yourself. This is not possible in any other way if you are required not to leave the apartment or house due to the coronavirus situation.